Information & Responsibilities
Information about the university:
The University of Gaziantep was founded as a state university in June 27th 1987, but higher education on campus began as early as 1973 when the institute was an extention campus of the Middle East Technical University. The main campus is located in Gaziantep with its extention campuses situated in the neighbouring cities and districts of Adiyaman, Kilis, Nizip, Oguzeli, Besni and Gölbasi. The number of faculties is 15 with more various departments, such as Engineering, Social Sciences , Medicine Faculties.
Objectives; The University of Gaziantep has always tried to train and make students as enlightened, research-minded, scientifically-oriented, and be graduates of good characters. The main objectives of the University are:
• Cultural, scientific, technical, medical and vocational education and training,
• Fundamental and applied research,
• Development of perspectives with respect to social issues, responsibilities and ethics,
• Technical, scientific and cultural exchanges with similar institutions at national and international levels,
• Professional adaptation to our rapidly changing society and the world in general, with particular attention to European Higher Education Area,
• Contribution to the development of Turkey.
The Administration of Gaziantep University is a state university institution ,subject to the same laws, as those who govern other universities in Turkey. It is supported mainly by state funds allocated by the Turkish Parliament. The administration of the University is implemented according to the Law on Higher Education. The formal head of the University is the Rector. The Rector implements the resolutions of the governing bodies of higher education, review and decide on the proposals of university boards and ensure coordination among organizations attached to the university. The University Senate, is the chief academic body at the university level and responsible for coordinating the academic activities of the University. Gaziantep University has two different acrediatations;
– Diploma Supplement Label with reference 378513-IC-1TR-ERASMUS-DSL
– Erasmus Charter for Higher Education (2014-2020) with reference 2015-1-TR01-KA103-021555
University of Gaziantep is the only state university which is situated in the city of Gaziantep and has 1554 Academic staff and 41 255 students including 2815 foreign students mainly from Syria, Iraq, Turkic Republics and African Countries. Gaziantep University also has civic involvement projects centre which organises activities related to socially sensitive projects andhas a research centre devoted to the immigration/refugee and policy development for the societal integration of immigrants.
University of Gaziantep, Faculty of Education was founded on 14th February 2002. The main objective of the faculty is to educate and prepare qualified teachers and educators for each level of formal education. It is aimed to ideally educate teachers who are able to follow, interprete, and criticize scientific and technological developments, take over responsibilities and duties, produce ideas, have self-confidence, and are open to new ideas. It is also aimed to train those teachers and educators, in the best possible ways, in line with Atatürk’s principles.
Gaziantep Education Faculty has 54 academic staffs and 1833 students including 185 foreign students and 105 of them is refugee. The faculty has the departments of Turkish Language Education, Primary Education, Mathematics Education, Foreign Language Education.
Ph.D. studies are provided in the Department of Educational Sciences; M.A. programs are provided in the Department of Educational Sciences and in the Department of Primary Education in the fields of Mathematics Education and Elemantary School Teaching, and the Department of Foreign Language Education.
In addition, a Teaching Certificate Program is available for the graduates of various faculties and other eligible fields in cooperation with Continuing Education Center in our faculty.
Responsibilities within the project:
– developing measurement and qualitative research toolsthat will be used for formative and summative evaluation and creating a framework for statistical interpretation
(collab. with Romania)
– evaluating and ongoing monitoring of the project with (collab.with Romania)
– evaluating the design of the project activities regarding to improve the 21st century skills and key competencies of students before their implementation (collab. with Romania)
– organizing the closure ceremony of the project including a panel on social inclusion, 21st century skills and project studies & results.
– conducting the pilots study of the project in a local high school.
– writing a research paper about the project topics, process and results (collab. with Romania)
– integrating project outputs and outcomes to teacher training curricula of the faculty, professional development trainings of teachers and school curricula of students for Turkish pilot study schools.